Broken Leg - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Broken Leg.
What type of leg fracture did you suffer?

I have tibia fracture with IM (intramedullary) nailing. After four month there is no sign of recovery. I have same gap as before. I wonder how much time it will take for it to heal..

I slipped and fell on ice wearing ankle length boots. Feeling much pain I thought I had twisted and sprained my ankle. With that said, I couldn't stand on my leg. Thinking that it was a bad sprain I decided to go home (don't like hospitals) and immediately tried to put an ice pack on it, but that was too painful. Long story short, it turned out I broke my lower fibula, and after 9 1/2 weeks I'm still recovering. Doctor says, no doubt arthritis will occur, and I am surely feeling it already..