Hearing Loss - Causes

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hearing Loss.
What was the cause of your hearing loss?

I was a Weapons Specialists in the US Army during the war in Viet Nam. I ruptured my ear drum while firing mortars. I was 19 years old in 1968. I am 63 now. My hearing is substandard..

Two days after receiving Tdap vaccine lost my hearing, same thing happened to my friend. Prednisone did not help her, but perhaps she waited too long. I went to the doctor in less than a week so hope prednisone works..