Possible Early Dementia - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Possible Early Dementia.
If you or a loved one may be suffering from early dementia, what are the symptoms?

My mother who lives with me (3 years) sleeps all the time. Yesterday I got up at 10 am she was asleep she never woke up until 7pm, by 11pm she was back sleeping. When she is a wake she is very hard to get a long she accuses me of stealing things and her money, she starts screaming and yelling (which I know I shouldn’t I argue with her) She gets mad when I clean the house we have 5 cats the house must be cleaned daily. She will not take a bath that's what usually starts the fights one time she went 14 days without a bath. She as uti infections all the time. She wears those diapers and will wear one for 24 hours. Her memory seems pretty good sometimes; she does talk about things 40 years ago..

I'm not sure if my husband is developing early onset dementia. He's 52 and we've been together for 6 years. In the last 6-12 months he is quick to anger; loses his sunglasses; has misplaced the checkbook (never found it), and can't recall conversations we have had. I constantly have to remind him of appointments, things we have discussed, etc. The most notable change is sometimes he is walking through the house and he just bursts into songs from the 50s or he says things like curse words. He isn't even talking to anyone in general, he just shouts it out. I have tried talking to him about going to the doctor but he just accuses me of diagnosing him as stupid. .