Pustular Psoriasis - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Pustular Psoriasis.
What were your symptoms of pustular psoriasis?

Published: December 24

My first outbreak of pustules on the palms of my hands was when I was producing a film for my first time ever and was near a nervous breakdown due to stress. I went to the hospital and they didn't have a clue what the condition was. Finally the pustules ceased on my palms but broke out on the bottoms of my feet. Since then a severe psoriasis has spread up my legs and affected my finger joints. I have horrible itching on the soles of my feet, my palms, and my legs. So far nothing the dermatologist has prescribed has worked. The condition seems to keep spreading. At least I now know what the condition is which even the dermatologist failed to diagnose properly..

I had very severe pustular psoriasis for two years. A Mayo Clinic biopsy diagnosed it. I took chemo drugs by mouth instead of injections. After two years of that it finally went into remission. I had one flareup that did not last long as it was treated immediately. Methotrexate was my salvation. It started as a scaley skin problem. What happens is we grow too many skin cells. That's why they scale. However I have been in remission for years now and am very happy. I was wearing white gloves all the time when it was active..