Pustular Psoriasis - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Pustular Psoriasis.
What were your symptoms of pustular psoriasis?

Back in 2003 I went in for surgery and 4 days later I developed a patch of pustules and a rash-looking area, and they sent me home with a hydrocortisone cream. Within one week’s time I was covered in pustules over 95 percent of my body. I was admitted to the hospital where they believed it was Stevens-Johnson syndrome until they took skin biopsies and it showed that it was pustular psoriasis caused by the lithium I was on. I spent 62 days in the local hospital and 21 days on a burn unit. I had a 1 year old baby and could not see her due to risk of infection. They told my husband I was dying. Twelve years later and I haven't had a flare like that since, but now I have a flare that most won't talk about; it's all over my genitals! Gross! Anyway, the first doctor thought it was herpes so I got a second opinion and they skin tested it and did an STD test and lo and behold the first doctor was wrong, it was pustular psoriasis rearing its ugly head once again. It will get better but right now I feel like my genitals were shredded by a cheese grater. So be aware all that it can happen to all areas of the body..

I was diagnosed with pustular psoriasis when I was in my late twenties. I remember when I was first diagnosed. I was constantly breaking out on my palms and the instep of my foot. I tried a bunch of topical creams (that didn't work) but the things that did work the best for me was sunlight, salt water and managing stress. It is difficult to show those areas during break outs but it is important to do it. I found the more I stressed about the psoriasis, the worse it got - I accepted that the condition was never going to go away and it seemed to get better on its own. I still breakout on my feet but not as badly..