Hernia FAQ - Symptoms and Signs

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hernia FAQ.
What were your hernia symptoms and signs?

My grandson is one and a half month old. He is suffering from direct inguinal hernia. He is suffering from inability to urinate. His birth before 20 days was by Caesarian. His mother was suffering from diabetes in pregnancy..

After an open abdominal aneurysm repair 3 years ago I had 7 incisional hernias from my navel to my chest. This left the left side of my upper abdomen to protrude like a top fifth of a basketball after a large meal. After a few hours it shrinks, and with a bowel movement almost, but not quite, disappears. It’s been 2 years since this repair, done with a modified Shouldice technique and mesh. There is zero pain, it is just a little unsightly and as I said after a bowel movement looks just like a guy with a little paunch..