Puncture Wound - Causes

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Puncture Wound.
What was the cause of your puncture wound?

After stepping on a nail, I went inside, got it clean and bandaged up. Then I had a wave of heat, dizziness and exhaustion. My vision was blurred and my hearing was poor. .

I was at a friend's house and stepped on a rusty nail. My shots are all up-to-date but i fear that there may be an infection. The bottom of my foot is hard and swollen so only my big toe touches the ground and around the puncture wound is slightly white and a little more swollen then the rest of my foot. Also the skin where the nail directly hit is a white-grey. I've cleaned it and put antibiotic cream on it but I'm still not sure. .