Endometrial Cancer - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Endometrial Cancer.
What were your symptoms of endometrial cancer?

I was 63, and woke up one morning to spots of blood in my underwear. At that time, I had not had a period for seven years. A friend said to wait for a month, but mother had several bouts with different cancers, so I had a biopsy. A week later they said it was a 'low grade cancer' and I needed to see a specialist. I saw a specialist four days later, and 3 days after that, I had a hysterectomy. I was told it was a stage 1-A, not into the muscle or any other part of my abdomen. I did undergo chemo as an insurance policy. They tell me that I am cancer free!.

I went through menopause at the age of 47. I am now 55. I was at work and felt a discharge. I went to the restroom and noticed a slight discharge with some very small brown blood spotting. I waited a few weeks then called my OB/GYN and spoke to the nurse. She said don't worry about it till it happens again but I felt a heaviness in my pelvic area. I'm the back of my mind I knew something wasn't right. As it turns out, I had stage 1 grade 1 cancer. I had a robotic hysterectomy and thank goodness it did not spread..