Breast Lumps In Women - Cause

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Breast Lumps and Pain.
What was the underlying cause of your breast lumps?

I wish all you ladies good news and quick healing. I had a burning sensation in my left beast. I had two doctors examine me, my primary and OBGYN. Although there was no lump discovered, my primary suggested a mammogram and ultrasound. The results from my left breast came back negative. However, there was a slight asymmetry in the upper aspect of the right breast that showed on the mammogram. I was advised to wait 6 months and return for another mammogram. However, the OBGYN gave me a list of breast surgeons in case I did not want to wait. I went to the surgeon today. He examined me, did an ultrasound of both breasts. I have a medium sized lump in the left breast and a density in the right. The lump is solid and has to be removed for further evaluation. That will be done next week. The slight asymmetry in the right breast showed on the ultrasound. I have to have a needle biopsy of that on Thursday. My head is spinning. I am very frightened but have great hope it will all be benign. Thanks for listening..

Published: April 30

In Feb l had a prickling sensation in my r/t breast & remembered l had knocked that area. A while later l saw doctor and he did two needle biopsies. One of the samples had a not quite right cell pathology reading. A surgeon examined me and said no worry but the pathology was the 1% as to whether l opted for surgery-which l did. I did not need painkillers or anything. The surgeon removed a deep coarse fibrous tumor. A week after surgery l developed waves of pain and have had continual pain ever since. .