Sore Throat (Pharyngitis) - Length Symptoms Lasted

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Sore Throat.
How long did the symptoms of your sore throat (pharyngitis) last? Was there anything in particular that helped with pain/symptom relief?

Several Years ago I had the worst sore throat of my life. It was not just a sore throat. I had a raging fever, I could not swallow my own saliva, I could not stand up without help. I went to my doctor and was given a shot, antibiotics, and the regular stuff he always did that worked. It didn’t touch it. I went two days later to the E.R. they did tests and said it was not responsive to treatment and sent me home. On day 6 back I went back to my Doc. (my family was really scared by now). He had given me everything he could think of but he said he would try one more thing. METHYLPREDNISONE!!!! I was given the first dose at around 10am while in bed. I had been in bed for 6 days pretty much. I woke up soaked in sweat, sat up, and it was over. My mom who had been in constant vigil couldn’t believe that just like that it was gone. The next day I noticed I had a weird feeling when I would swallow. I looked at my tonsils and they were snow white. I swabbed my tonsils and when I touched them a coating like latex paint slid off revealing very pink healthy tissue. I never had before or since anything like this. But as the time 2 more family members came down with the same thing. Luckily I had done the leg work and told them instantly what to take and it worked on both of them as well. My doctor said there was a woman that had fallen into a coma from the same condition. If you ever don’t respond to antibiotics please ask for Prednisone. It SAVED MY LIFE!!.

Sore"ish" throat on right side at the foot of the mouth and jaw/throat begin- on an off for two years, had sum wisdom tooth issues and they were all pulled. Now it still comes and goes and seems to be wearing on me more and more. The doctor felt and saw nothing, same at dentist. Not sure what to think of it, thinking it’s ulcer related..