Bursitis Shoulder - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Bursitis.
What treatment was effective for your bursitis?

I have had bursitis diagnosed for about a year in the left hip. It gives me a great deal of discomfort at night and I can feel it the minute I lie in bed. It is not localised to the hip area and stretched down the whole of my leg. It feels as if the tendons inside my leg were pulled like an elastic about to break and at times this feeling goes as far down as my ankle. I have stopped anti inflammatory treatment and have avoided injections to date. if anyone can give me some advice on other treatments i would be very grateful..

I had bursitis in my right shoulder last year for six months. And now, my bursitis is gone. I can wear my bra now without the help of my husband and any of my children. My husband who is a seaman read an article in an old newspaper while they are on board that an actor who had been suffering from bursitis used only a topical oil named Oil of Oleia and his bursitis was cured. I bought that kind of topical oil in select drug stores only. .