Osteoarthritis - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Osteoarthritis.
What was the treatment for your osteoarthritis?

I have had osteoarthritis in my lower back and hands since my late 20s. Now it's in my knees too. Physical therapy and stretching exercises help keep me moving around and somewhat functional. The pain medication hydrocodone is a great relief for the constant and debilitating pain associated with this condition. Be sure to keep exercising and follow the doctor's advice..

I have had two knee replacements on both left and right knees. I have also had both left and right hips replaced. You know you need the surgery when the pain is so bad for each joint that you can barely move. For my hip surgeries the physician did not cut through the groin. He went through the rear hips, so he did not have to cut the groin area and the healing was much easier. I think he only had to stretch the muscles..