Gastritis - Causes

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Gastritis.
If known, what caused your case of gastritis?

Published: March 28

I had a big dinner at the restaurant and I started to feel bad a few minutes after my dinner. My stomach was big and full of gas. I started to vomit at home which was helpful. Also, my lower back was painful. I thought about possible causes (coffee and Advil/NSAIDs medications) and changed my diet. I started to feel much better within a few days. Oatmeal was helpful and green tea. Also, fasting for four days is good too. Chamomile tea and golden seal powder seem to be helpful..

Any high acid food or alcohol will cause an acute flare of gastritis. I am just getting over one that caused high fever for two days. Lemon or fresh pineapple is a killer. I drink warm water with a little baking soda in it and it helps a lot, but be aware it raises the blood pressure. Avocado is a great food when you are healing..