Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Syndrome - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Syndrome.
What were the symptoms of your TMJ syndrome?

Published: April 28

I have a pain in TM (temporomandibular) joint area and difficulty in opening mouth. The pain increases during chewing..

Three months ago I started having neck pain then ringing in my ears. I went to my doctor, he told me I had sinusitis, and he gave me amoxicillin and decongestant that didn't work. So I went to an ENT and found there was no hearing problem. ENT told me I have TMJ/TMD (temporomandibular joint disorder) so I went to emergency. They took a CAT scan and nothing was wrong. Then I went to a neurologist and he ordered an MRI which was normal. After that I saw three more doctors and all told me to see my dentist. I went back to the dentist and he sent me to a TMJ specialist who said I have TMJ, so I just got a night guard. He also told me my tinnitus was from the TMJ and gave me 600 ibuprofen for 7 days..