Pelvic Inflammatory Disease - Treatments

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID).
What treatment has been effective for your pelvic inflammatory disease?

I have been to the hospital 4 different times, but they can't find out what's wrong with me (probably because they wouldn't do any test or anything) but I have the iud (mirena) ever since I've had it. I have been horribly sick and always in pain. I am constantly dizzy. I'm talking about when I stand up I get dizzy so dizzy I have to hold on to something and close my eyes and try to breathe so I won't faint. I’ve been really sick, throwing up I can't eat, it's hard for me to breathe. My joints have been hurting I sometimes get a numb dull feeling in the left leg. My abdomen area and pelvic area constantly cramps. I'm always in so much pain I have two little boys and I am home alone most of the time, I can't chase after them. Mainly because I'm so dizzy all the time. My doctor is currently out of town and won't be back until Thursday morning, every time I go to a hospital they don't take me seriously, they look at me stupid when I tell them my symptoms, they basically said I have too many symptoms. I can't stand this anymore. I am tired of being sick and not knowing what is wrong with me. If you could reply and tell me your symptoms or your experience with PID. .

I am a 28-year-old lady. In 2009 i was so much in pain that i could not walk or eat and was vomiting. I went to hospital and doctors took blood samples. I was told that I have PID, but a few days later I went to theater and doctors told me that in fact I had appendicitis. I was still experiencing abnormal abdominal pain, and finally my new doctor told me that i have PID. I am on antibiotics now..