Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - Causes

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
What were the causes of your chronic fatigue syndrome?

SA lot of great comments. I had no idea so many suffer from the CFS. I am 45 and have had chronic pain for 15 years. It started while I was working in Tokyo for 2 years. I was not accustomed to the busy, stressful environment of such a huge city. I am not much of a drinker but I found alcohol helped reduce the pain in my face and head. Well I realized early that that was just a bad idea. When I returned home to Canada I started to take Effexor as I was getting depressed from always being in pain. I used to have so much energy but I am always lethargic; it’s very frustrating. Lately I have started trying injections of anesthetic in my neck and back and that seems to have helped a bit. I tried Yoga for 2 yrs but it did not help at all. So I find that mediation, breathing, relaxing, staying positive is the best remedy for keeping from getting the blues. I will try to change my diet and find out more about some of the suggestions such as serrapeptase and concerta..

In Sept/10 I had to have a kidney removed due to cancer. It seems from that date on I have been getting more tired and listless. I went back to work from Dec/10 to Mar/11 and had to take 2 weeks off due to lack of energy. My legs gave out on me at one point even. From March to May I tried working again. May was the final straw; I was sitting down more than doing my job. The most irritating part is every time I saw my dr. he said it was depression because of the pain & wanting to stay in bed. He even tried to blame it on menopause. I kept telling him I know my body & something is not right. I am not depressed other than the fact I can't work. Today I am going to see him & tell him to start ruling out all illnesses so I can hopefully get help before it is too late for total recovery. I sleep very well, other than washroom breaks, but need at least one, sometimes 2 catnaps a day. I, like all of you, would love to get my life back..