Interstitial Cystitis - Diet

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Interstitial Cystitis.
What changes to your diet have helped manage your interstitial cystitis?

A gluten-free diet has drastically decreased my flares and brain fog. I also avoid soy and dairy products..

I have had IC for twenty years. The pain started out slow, during the day, but as time wore on, it also happened at night. I didn't think the pain could get any worse, but it did. Now it feels like things from my bladder down is swollen. I take a blood thinner, and I have high blood pressure and diabetes. I thought that some of this medicine could be causing the heavy pressure I am feeling. Is there anyone else out there like me? I had a hysterectomy in 1971..