Interstitial Cystitis - Diet

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Interstitial Cystitis.
What changes to your diet have helped manage your interstitial cystitis?

Eliminating all artificial sweeteners and carbonated beverages helped calm the first flare up of interstitial cystitis three years ago. Upon its recent return I've found asparagus and anti-inflammatory supplements like fish oil, quercetin and curcumin have helped. Sleep is the most important and am still working on that. I am considering an electrical TENS unit to block pain..

I suffered with symptoms of interstitial cystitis for only 2 years. I was told to stop drinking wine, spicy foods, and so on. I was in pain and having the feeling I had to urinate constantly. I figured out what was causing my problem and am now free from the misery. I drank caffeine free cola every day and decided to stop cold turkey to see if this was the problem. Within a week or two my problem disappeared. I'm told the caramel color may have been the cause of my problem. If you’re a soda drinker, stop and see if it works for you!.