Sty (Stye) - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Sty (Stye).
Please describe your experience with a sty (stye).

Published: June 07

I routinely had sties through high school and they drove me crazy. It would start with the irritation, the swelling and so on. I went to an old family doctor for something else and as I was there he noticed the stye and said we can do something about that. He told me I have a riboflavin, B2 deficiency. I picked up some at the drug store and within a day or so, it was gone. I did not take a pill every day, but when I would start getting the symptoms, I would take a pill for a few days and no stye. I am now 65 and a couple days ago I woke up with the irritation on my right lower eye lid and sure enough, I had the small pimple thing starting. I immediately found my B2 pills and took one and after a couple days another one. As in the past, the stye did not develop and went away. It worked for me 50 years ago and this still works now..

I have had a sty cut by a specialist and then prescribed oral antibiotics. I stopped getting the antibiotics and then found it would go if I washed my face with a good soap face wash. Normal soap is irritating the problem. Keep face clean by washing as often as possible. I am considering mouth gargling as this sty problem occurs when you have sinus problems or cold..