Sty (Stye) - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Sty (Stye).
Please describe your experience with sty (stye).

I have had a sty cut by a specialist and then prescribed oral antibiotics. I stopped getting the antibiotics and then found it would go if I washed my face with a good soap face wash. Normal soap is irritating the problem. Keep face clean by washing as often as possible. I am considering mouth gargling as this sty problem occurs when you have sinus problems or cold..

My nana told me this remedy for stye, it might sound weird but it works. Before going to bed heat up a bread bun for about 20 seconds (until hot but not burning hot) in the microwave then tape it over your eye and go to sleep. In the morning take it off and the stye will be gone..