Thrombocytopenia - Cause

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Thrombocytopenia (Low Platelet Count).
What was the cause of your thrombocytopenia?

Published: December 01

My spleen size was enlarged at the time of birth so my platelet count is always down to a maximum of 1.7 lakh and does not go above this. But I never feel weak or have any physical problem but once in a year it goes up to 75000 and it is every year. It automatically goes up to 1.7 lakh, I wonder if it is thrombocytopenia or it is normal for me..

Published: March 09

I am just starting this process. I have platelet count of 51.The thrombocytopenia was found by accident by blood test, some things I have found out by myself. I broke my shoulder and 30 days have passed. After pain medicines ran out I still needed help, I was taking 1800 mg of acetaminophen every 4 hours. I go for another blood test soon. Doctor thinks this will fix its self. I stopped taking acetaminophen. My shoulder was black and blue and this is starting to look better. I would like to keep you updated as I go on..