Insulin Resistance - Diet

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Insulin Resistance.
What changes to your diet have helped manage your insulin resistance?

Periodically I have had instances of insulin resistance. I was told to include roughly 2 to 4 ounces of scotch whiskey in my diet. It has proven to be very helpful. It brings my sugar levels down to normal for a Type 1 diabetic..

I am a 51-year-old retired Marine. I developed severe sweating, shakes, dizziness, and fatigue over the past year and a half. I had other health issues that also contributed to these symptoms and while I would get some relief after the treatment for other diagnosed issues my sweating, fatigue and shakes never went away. Finally I was referred to an endocrinologist and diabetes office where a glucose tolerance test showed I was insulin resistant. I am now starting my meds and changing my diet. I hope I can report back great things in a month..