Bronchitis - Length Symptoms Lasted

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Bronchitis.
How long did the symptoms of your bronchitis last? Was there anything in particular that helped with pain/symptom relief?

I am now dealing with bronchitis combined with an acute asthma episode. It is hard to sort out what symptoms are causing what, and I am grateful that my doctor erred on the side of caution and prescribed Zithromax and Advair. Advair provided relief instantly. The combination of Zithromax, Advair and albuterol as needed has been essential to my recovery. I also drink lots of water, as many hot drinks as I can stand and find that rest is absolutely essential. It has only been 24 hours since I started this course of treatment and I am now seeing a positive trend for the better. I concur with all those who say "don't wait" for treatment. I also disagree with the doctors who withhold antibiotic treatment since I think bronchitis, particularly for those with asthma or other respiratory ailment, requires aggressive treatment as fast as possible. .

When I had bronchitis, I couldn't stop coughing and was unable to sleep more than two hours at a time, even with sleeping aids. I put hand towels in my dryer at moderately high heat and then wrapped a towel against my chest (over my top) and zipped up in my down vest. I wrapped another dryer-warm towel loosely around my neck and covered my ears with the warm cloth. The warmth felt wonderful but what was more important was that the coughing stopped almost immediately. I think the warmth helped my lungs to expand. The towel in the vest will stay warm for a long time; repeat as desired..