Ectopic Pregnancy - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Ectopic Pregnancy.
What symptoms did you experience prior to ectopic pregnancy?

Published: March 04

I was at work on the mines. My partner and I was having a quiet beer with our work mates I just finished my period and I felt a soft discomfort pain in my lower abs when I finished my first beer. I thought to myself I must need to go to the toilet. As I got closer the pain went from being bearable to walking like a hunch back. I sat on the toilet and tried to do my thing, I noticed then it was not that as I tried to stand back up I started to sweat like someone had just turned the tap on me and left it running for a good 5 min. When I managed to get up the pain had gotten that bad I was curled up over the sink with my pants undone my face was that white it was whiter then this screen. I managed to pull myself together and walk out of the toilet. At this time I was short of breath and starting to pass out. I tried to walk with my back straight back to my partner where I told him I wasn't felling to well. He suggested to me to go see the onsite paramedics then also said that if u go u will be going and not coming back to site. This made me worry so I said ill go lay down in bed, as my partner was looking at me I was losing the fight and ended up at the paramedics. They had no idea what was wrong with me and phoned the local hospital which was 2 hours away. When I arrived the docs did a couple of tests and told me I was pregnant and what blood type I was. At this stage the pain was unbearable every move touch was agony. After trying to stabilize me I was then flown to another hospital where they can treat me. I was raced into the operating theatre where they removed my left tube and the egg. When I finally came round I was told I had a Ectopic Pregnancy, and the pain was due to my tube erupting I had lost 3Ltrs off blood by the time I reached the first hospital and lost a couple more in surgery. I was in hospital for a total of 6 days. I am now recovering slowly back at my aunts place where I’m closely being watched..

I have always wanted to have a baby since I got married. It has been a whole year of trying to get pregnant until finally I became pregnant. I think it took long because of the birth control methods. When I first found out I was pregnant I was at the clinic in which I was seen in the emergency side for cramps and brown spotting. When the doctor told me I was pregnant I couldn't believe it, I was so happy I couldn't wait to get home and tell my husband. Even though I was happy I was still shocked when the doctor told me that I could be having a miscarriage. She then told me to come back for blood tests. Three days later I got up to use the bathroom and I had the worst abdominal pain ever, it followed down to my pelvic area and my back was aching. The next thing I remember is my husband trying to wake me up. My husband called the ambulance and was rushed into the ER. It was the longest 11 hours of my life. After many tests and ultra sounds the doctor then told me I had to have emergency surgery because I had some internal bleeding. 2 hours later the surgery was over and the nurses were very comforting. They told me everything went well and that the other tube and my eggs appeared to look healthy. They told me that I can get pregnant again, but I know that the chances of having another ectopic is possible because the doctor warned me. It has been almost a week and I’m recovering well. I have a follow up soon and I will be asking a lot of questions. I am not going to give up on getting pregnant, but it is going to take time to heal!.