Plantar Warts - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Plantar Warts.
What treatment was effective for your plantar warts?

Published: March 01

I have tried many different things trying to get rid of the plantar warts on my feet. Believe it or not, I found that apple cider vinegar does the trick. I got a foot file, and file the warts every day after I shower, then every few days I soak a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar and tape it onto the wart and leave it on for a few hours. The next day the warts are sore but they are already turning black and diminishing. Keep doing this for a few weeks and they should be gone for good! Vinegar is amazing stuff!.

Over the counter stuff, freezing, tape, etc., all did not work for my plantar warts on the bottom of my toes after several months of self-treatment. I started regular visits to the podiatrist every 4 weeks. He would shave off a little bit of the thick dead skin and then add cantharidin to create a blister. It was painful for a few days afterwards. After about 6 treatments I have been wart-free for several years now..