Plantar Warts - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Plantar Warts.
What was the effective treatment for your plantar warts?

My Mom Has had planters warts on both feet for about 10 years now, every year it got worse. She decided after the 3rd year to go and see a doctor, he said he must cut away the warts under her feet. He did more damage than ever, he cut away most of her tissue under her feet but did not succeed in cutting out the planters warts, She has been in extreme pain ever since. The Doctor said that there is nothing he can do, because there is no more tissue to cut (it’s down to the bone). .

I have had a wart on the proximal part of my right index finger for several months now. I have tried every "over the counter" treatment unsuccessfully. Yesterday, with my regular doctor appointment the nurse practitioner treated the same wart with freezing and 40% Salicylic acid, then covered the area with a band aid type dressing. Upon removing the dressing today, the whole area looks like a small volcano with a large blister-like fluid filled area underneath the wart. This looks bad to me and also to my wife, who is a nurse. I think I should drain the fluid, but my wife thinks not..