Lung Cancer - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Lung Cancer.
Please describe your experience with lung cancer.

I am a 52 year old female who experienced a collapsed lung out of the blue. One morning nobody was home at the time and I wasn't quite sure what had happened. I was healthy as far as I knew. I drove myself to the hospital to find out I had a collapsed lung. So I was sent to emergency surgery, went home 5 days later perfectly fine. 1 week later it happened again same procedure done but this time did a cat scan and found a nodule that ended up being cancer. A 9 hour surgery took place a few days later, called a lobectomy since then I have noticed my breathing has been different when I take in a breath I hear like an air leak this has been going on for almost 6 months. Today I went in for a pulmonary test to try to find out what this is. I pray it’s something simple like maybe an inhaler. I quit smoking almost 6 months ago and trying to keep the faith that I'm so Lucky because this whole ordeal has been a blessing in disguise. God bless to all of you, you are all in my prayers, please all keep in touch and maybe we can get through this together..

We just found out my uncle by marriage has lung cancer. It is the kind that will keep reoccurring. He has been a smoker way over 60 years and always bragged about it not affecting him. Now he has 3 different types. Only a month ago they found a spot on the lung now it is showing on the esophagus. Doctors still do not know what they are going to do, talking about radiation. I pray that they do something quickly because the prognosis is not looking good his bones hurt and he doesn't have any energy to do the things he wants to do..