Scorpion Sting - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Scorpion Sting.
What symptoms did you experience from your scorpion bite?

My son was bit by a scorpion twice on his check at age 10. He had no problems, I gave Benadryl and monitored. Two hours later he was bit on tip of his finger, and pain increased fast radiating to shoulder, and to the other arm, then legs. He could not walk, had strabismus and seizures. Once we entered the emergency room (ER) he was given two bags of anti-venom and discharged after 3 hours. If the numbness tingling radiates to other areas, or patient has difficulty breathing, rapid eye movements or a change in their mood/behavior go to ER. He broke out in hives every day after sting for a month..

I got stung by a bark scorpion at 4 am while asleep, behind my knee. Symptoms lasted 36 hours. Initially I had intense stinging and burning pain. It was tender to the touch. Red mark was visible, no blood. It welted up to dime size area. I took antihistamine right away. Welt went away within 12 hours. There was bruising around the area, numbness around the bite and a band of heat around. My lips were numb and tingling and water tasted like milk. No other issues. I feel fine now..