Scorpion Sting - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Scorpion Sting.
What symptoms did you experience from your scorpion bite?

Published: December 29

Holidaying in Mexico, I think I was bitten by a scorpion in the middle of the night. The next morning my left eyelid was droopy and red and puffy and stung like a chemical burn. Also, the left side of my face felt numb below my eye. Then on day 2, a rash developed on the left side of my neck and down my left shoulder and arm. It was a burning sensation and it stung. I was extremely irritated. Also, my legs developed a rash inside my skin where my blood seemed to be red and white blotches. Finally, as that disappeared, a surface rash appeared on my legs and on most parts of my body except my chest, breasts, and stomach down to my crotch. It is now day 8 and I still have the rash but not as burning and skin is now itchy and I think starting to heal..

My son was bit by a scorpion twice on his check at age 10. He had no problems, I gave Benadryl and monitored. Two hours later he was bit on tip of his finger, and pain increased fast radiating to shoulder, and to the other arm, then legs. He could not walk, had strabismus and seizures. Once we entered the emergency room (ER) he was given two bags of anti-venom and discharged after 3 hours. If the numbness tingling radiates to other areas, or patient has difficulty breathing, rapid eye movements or a change in their mood/behavior go to ER. He broke out in hives every day after sting for a month..