Scorpion Sting - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Scorpion Sting.
What symptoms did you experience from your scorpion bite?

Published: March 03

I picked up a damp towel from the bathroom floor that was left overnight. I felt a very minor poke on the top of my hand. I thought something was embedded in the towel. I shook the towel and out dropped a scorpion onto the floor. My hand began to tingle like hundreds of needles poking into it as well as numbness. Pain started shortly after, but ice and Tylenol have been helping me..

I got my sting moving firewood. It felt like a nail got pounded into my thumb. I didn't worry about it until my tongue and lips started to tingle. I took antihistamine and wondered whether to take the 35-minute trek to the nearest urgent care center. My symptoms didn't worsen, but lasted another 12 hours. If it were one of my children, we would have been in the truck right away in case the reaction became more severe..