Black Widow Spider Bite - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Black Widow Spider Bite.
What was the treatment for your black widow spider bite?

I was bitten in the neck as a 32 year old very healthy woman. I never saw the spider and had no clue that there are poisons spiders in California. But I know I'm very allergic to bee stings which I had in my past in Europe. I thought I had an insect bite near my right ear, went to my doctor because there was some pain (not too bad in the beginning). She said a spider bite me and sent me home with antibiotics which I took for 10 days. The pain got really bad the next day, so bad that I took some aspirin, since I had no other pain killer in the house. I became slightly nauseous and a little dizzy, lost almost all motion over my body, and developed a tremor in as well as difficulty moving. Then I became chilled and could not get warm. I'm pretty sure I also ran a high fewer. Anyway the antibiotics didn't help at all not did the aspirin. So I went back to the doc and she wanted to sent me to a nose- throat doc (or whatever you call them) to cut my neck which I declined and called my acupuncture doc at that point. That was the best move ever, she put 1 needle in the top of my head and all paid was gone right away. Have to say my neck was swollen to a full large hen egg and hardened! She put at least 80 needles in my body all over most in that swollen part which hurt like hell. Same treatment she gave me over 2 weeks, the pain was gone after the first. I also received tons of Chinese herbs to drink as a tea to boost my immune system. After 2 weeks the swollen part of my neck was softer and after pocking around a bit it opened and a flow of yellow stuff came out, not pretty but I felt much better. I used a whole toilet roll for that white stuff so you can imagine how much I got out! Today, 10 years later, I believe very much, my acupuncture doctor saved my life and the area is still a bit red but no bite marks or similar are left..

I've been bitten twice now. The first was on my thigh when cause a red raided area the second was on my face left a red slightly raised area. I didn't feel the pain most feel but have high tolerance for pain. I immediate put a police on it. The first time I had nothing so used regular flower making a thick paste and let it dry. As it dried it drew the poison out rinsed it off and applied it again. By the next day after leaving it on all night there was hardly any redness. The same with my face but used clay and activated charcoal but the face took a few days and this time was a bit sickened had aches and pains. Nothing to draw me to the hospital over but didn't feel well but going to work took my mind off it..