Black Widow Spider Bite - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Black Widow Spider Bite.
What was the treatment for your black widow spider bite?

Published: March 15

I was bitten by a black widow spider. I had no access to medical help. When a red line started to go up my arm I used Epsom salt, made a paste, applied it, and secured a cover on my arm for about a week and a half. It finally started to clear up, but for about a month I was very disoriented, tired and restless. It left a pit type scar. Hope it never happens again. I will hesitate to seek care..

I got bit by a black widow spider last night, in the armpit. It felt like my arm was going to fall off. The pain was excruciating! I called the ambulance, they told us ambulance ride would be USD 1,000.00 so my husband drove me to the emergency room (ER). Three hours later, I got to hospital and they numbed the site pain, thank goodness! I never want to experience that pain again! Then doctor told me if I get bit again, it could be worse the second time, with trachea breathing problems. I will not go around the tree again, where the spider was hanging out. By the way, we took the spider into the ER and it was still being aggressive to the nurse..