Ticks - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Ticks.
What was your experience with ticks?

Last Sunday when I woke my four year old daughter up to get dressed for church she couldn't walk. It was as if she was paralyzed from the waist down. So we rushed her to the hospital not having any idea what could wrong and I was scared to death thinking something was terribly wrong but when doc came in she said they would need to check her for ticks and sure enough she had one right in the top of her head that had caused tick bite paralysis after the doctor removed it, it took her about three hours and she was back running all over the place and to think a little tick could do that..

Published: June 05

I got a tick bite and within hours, the neck (the tick bit me where the jugular vein is) swelled up, was red and purple with a black mark inside the center of the bite. I had removed the tick, alive and put it in a cap with water. It was alive and swimming. I washed the area and put on a triple antibiotic cream. The next day, the pain and swelling was worse. I went to the nearest emergency room with the tick which was still alive. The nurse practitioner threw the tick down the sink and told me that the black spot could be a freckle. She gave me two doxycyline pills told me to go home. I did this and felt nauseated. Two days later, the tick bite was better but I still had some pain. .