Stingray Injury - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Stingray Injury.
What treatment did you receive for your stingray injury?

Today I was stung by a stingray in Florida. I too thought I was bitten by a crab, but when the pain got so unbearable and my hand became numb, I knew something was not right. When I got back to the beach house I put ice on it and the pain got worse and I felt sick to my stomach and fainted. My husband called a medical clinic and they had him bring me right in. They soaked my foot in extremely hot water with Epsom salt. The doctor later extracted the barb from my foot and soaked it again. I received a Tetanus shot and was prescribed antibiotics and Zyrtec..

I was bitten by a sting ray. It has been a few months now, but I still have a wound. It still hurts when I walk quickly or run. I'm in Mumbai..