Stingray Injury - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Stingray Injury.
What treatment did you receive for your stingray injury?

I was stung by stingray in my 5th finger 3 weeks ago while fishing (trying to remove hook). The pain was beyond anything I could have imagined. I went to urgent care and had minor surgery to remove spines, but pain did not stop even with the anesthesia, until hot water soaks (needed to soak for several hours). A week later it became very infected despite taking prophylactic antibiotics, and I had to be admitted to hospital to re-open the wound and get IV antibiotics. The finger and part of my hand has numbness and stinging pain. Skin is a blackish color as well..

I was fishing and hooked a stingray and was stung on thumb while removing a hook. I had immediate severe pain, hand and then arm started getting numb and heavy. Pain continued up and under arm. Then started chest pain. I went to the hospital and was immediately seen though others had been waiting 4 hours. I was put in hot water, and given a shot of prednisone and antibiotics. I was sent home with antibiotics and Benadryl prescription. I had a tetanus shot a few months ago. Chest pain continued for several days and got severe 6 days later. I felt awful at work and then went to the emergency room. I had ok EKG, but they admitted me. I was given Benadryl and a small dose of morphine for pain. Body was very red and I was itching. I was released a few hours later. They said they thought it was a reaction to antibiotics with exposure to the sun. It is still hurting. It hasn't been 5 whole days yet!.