Scabies - Effective Treatments

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Scabies.
What kinds of treatments have been effective for your scabies?

There are only two ways to treat scabies. One go see your doctor. Two, what helped me get cured is using either antifungal powder or best home remedy, pure neem oil. Apply in affected areas. Neem oil will numb the itching and provide relief within 3 or 4 days. And you should wash your clothes, especially your blankets and bedsheets. Because scabies is a fungal infection. So the fungus might be in your bedsheets even after you get cured and it may again cause you scabies. Only people who have suffered from scabies will know the pain of re-infestation. And it especially spreads in hostels and where many people live together it is contagious. Hope people who read this get cured with the best antifungal natural home remedy neem oil but it should be pure. Best of luck from one of the victims of scabies..

I went undiagnosed for almost 3 years. Once confirmed as scabies I took weekly treatments at first with Nix cream and then ended up doing 5 daily treatments with Nix to get rid of it. Three months and it was gone. I figured I picked it up from a hotel I stayed at. I heard later it had some kind of infestation. I’m not sure why doctors took so long to diagnose it. It would have saved me years of suffering..