Athlete's Foot - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Athlete's Foot.
How long did the symptoms of your athlete's foot last? Was there anything that helped with symptom relief?

I cured my athlete's foot, which bothered me for decades and finally was causing toenail separation, by using Vicks VapoRub applied over the entire surface of the foot and pushed under the toenail with a plastic iodine applicator. I was told by a podiatrist that the ingredients in Vicks VapoRub penetrate through the skin, and kill the fungus. I am an electrical engineer in the defense industry..

I have suffered from athlete’s foot since age 13. I am not 53 years. Only 2 years back I was able to completely eliminate this problem by taking oral tablet GRISOVIN (griseofulvin 125mg). I used to have watery blisters on the soles of both feet, in between the toes and near the nails and sometimes on my fingers and palms of my hands. I have tried topical creams etc to no avail until a dentist told me about GRISOVIN. I also realized I probably have a contact allergy especially when wearing rubber tongs. All of that is over. What a relief. I only have to take the tablet once a day until all the symptoms have disappeared and continued for 2 weeks before stopping. Hope this info helps. I noticed this particular drug was not listed. .