Strep Throat - Length Symptoms Lasted

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Strep Throat.
How long did the symptoms of your strep throat last? Was there anything in particular that helped with pain/symptom relief?

I have had strep throat many times when I was younger, and here I am again with it! I went to the walk in clinic the night before and do not feel better, I am on a shot and a 10 day supply of penicillin. This will take at least 3 days to kick in and I start getting better. Good luck to all, take it easy. Rest and soda with crushed ice helps..

On Sunday morning I suddenly felt very ill, almost fainted while I was taking my little one out for a walk. I came home and I had chills and 39.5 degrees fever. I thought it was just a bad cold or flu because now it is the flu season. I started taking paracetamol 500 mg. On Monday morning I woke up with the worst throat pain, the back of my throat was covered with white spots. I was very lucky that I got an appointment the same day, diagnosed with strep throat, and was given phenoxymethylpenicillin 250 mg, 2 tablets 4 times a day. I kept taking paracetamol and ibuprofen for pain and fever, Strepsils, tea, and salt water. I am so desperate that I am eating honey, garlic, and cayenne pepper mix. Today is Wednesday I no longer have chills or fever but everything else still there, I hope that my little one will not get this, strep throat is evil..