Strep Throat - Length Symptoms Lasted

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Strep Throat.
How long did the symptoms of your strep throat last? Was there anything in particular that helped with pain/symptom relief?

This is my first time having strep throat and it is horrible. I'm on day 4 now and the throat pain is excruciating. I usually do not take over the counter medication but I can't take the pain anymore. I have been taking the following to reduce the pain; Halls drops (3 at a time), Chloraseptic spray, gargle apple cider vinegar, cayenne pepper and honey mix, Motrin/Tylenol and I try to eat non-solid foods. I went to the doctor and got amoxicillin antibiotics but I will have to wait until tomorrow to see if it works. This is something I definitely want to avoid!.

I started feeling ill two days ago, and went to the doctor yesterday with a sore throat, fever, severe headache, stiff muscles and extreme fatigue. Strep test came back positive and I was put on antibiotics for 10 days and was told to get Benadryl and Maalox, put 1/2 a teaspoon of each in medicine cup and gurgle and swallow 4x per day. It all seems to be helping my throat, but my headache has been constant and severe worsened by any type of movement..