Strep Throat - Length Symptoms Lasted

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Strep Throat.
How long did the symptoms of your strep throat last? Was there anything in particular that helped with pain/symptom relief?

On Sunday morning I suddenly felt very ill, almost fainted while I was taking my little one out for a walk. I came home and I had chills and 39.5 degrees fever. I thought it was just a bad cold or flu because now it is the flu season. I started taking paracetamol 500 mg. On Monday morning I woke up with the worst throat pain, the back of my throat was covered with white spots. I was very lucky that I got an appointment the same day, diagnosed with strep throat, and was given phenoxymethylpenicillin 250 mg, 2 tablets 4 times a day. I kept taking paracetamol and ibuprofen for pain and fever, Strepsils, tea, and salt water. I am so desperate that I am eating honey, garlic, and cayenne pepper mix. Today is Wednesday I no longer have chills or fever but everything else still there, I hope that my little one will not get this, strep throat is evil..

This is my first time having strep throat and it is horrible. I'm on day 4 now and the throat pain is excruciating. I usually do not take over the counter medication but I can't take the pain anymore. I have been taking the following to reduce the pain; Halls drops (3 at a time), Chloraseptic spray, gargle apple cider vinegar, cayenne pepper and honey mix, Motrin/Tylenol and I try to eat non-solid foods. I went to the doctor and got amoxicillin antibiotics but I will have to wait until tomorrow to see if it works. This is something I definitely want to avoid!.