Poison Ivy Oak And Sumac - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Poison Ivy, Oak, and Sumac.
What symptoms did you experience with your poison ivy or poison oak?

Published: March 19

Both my sons have had blisters with a rash. At first it just looked like a scratch or bug bites. As the evening went on, different places turned into blisters. One of them had it worse than the other but, that seemed to change because the one son that didn't seem to have it as bad started scratching and wouldn't quit! He also busted any blisters he may have had. So when I checked on him this morning, his is now up and down both his arms and his is now worse than the other brother. I ask a pharmacist to look at my son's arm and he told me to try putting cortisone on it. We tried that it when they woke up today they were worse. So we checked out a few articles on this site and went and got some calamine lotion and something else that seems to be just like it. I hooked them both up with lotion and now we are just waiting to see what if it helps. I hope it does. I think it will. I could almost swear to it that what they have is some type of poison ivy, sumac or oak. They, along with my husband, were working in the yard at our new house. They were cleaning up weeds, branches, leaves and that kind of stuff. So I'm sure that that got into something or some kind of poison plant..

From the elbow down on both arms, I have very itchy, blotched, welted oozing bumps. The bumps are hot to the touch and extremely itchy. Lower limbs, by the ankles have raised welts that itch and ooze as well. My husband started his welts on Monday and mine started on the Thursday of the same week. Still not aware of where we contacted this. Annoying!.