Night Sweats - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Night Sweats.
Please describe your experience with night sweats.

I'd had a lot of stress over a few days and at first I blamed stress for having the night sweats, however, after suffering for a week I knew there was something wrong. The first night that I had sweating, I woke up several times feeling really cold and the duvet was off me. The attic door is directly over my bed and it hadn't been properly insulated and the second night of sweating was blamed on a cold breeze coming down from the attic. The third night that it happened, I got up and put a heavy pajama top on and when I was getting back into the bed I realized that the sheets and my pillow were soaked and really cold. I changed the sheets and awoke shortly after feeling cold, this time I checked the sheets and they were soaked again so I knew there was something wrong. I have been to see my GP and should have the results of some tests soon. The strange thing is I never woke during the sweats only after when the wet sheets went cold..

I am a 49 year old female. I have been getting night sweats (from my neck to the chest and on the back only) for about 3 consecutive nights now. There were no sweats on my forehead or anywhere else. I am usually a cold blooded person that needed to wear extra layers to bed. My hand is always cold. I had my blood tested 2 weeks ago and there is no indication that I am having menopause (maybe perimenopausal). I have been stressed lately and also been losing weight (not by choice). .