Night Sweats - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Night Sweats.
Please describe your experience with night sweats.

Published: April 07

I am a 59 year old woman, post-menopausal by 19 years. In the past few months, I too am awakened drenched in sweat, bedding soaked. It has nothing to do with room temperature, as I always keep it very cool. I only take one medication, Paxil daily, which I have taken for 22 years. I recently weaned off of a daily dose of Klonopin (after taking for 8 years for anxiety). The process took approximately 3 months and I finished 3 or 4 weeks ago. My ovaries were removed 3 years ago, but have never taken a hormone replacement. I have no other medical issues that I'm aware of, and my diet has not changed. I 'deep sweat' every other night or so..

Published: March 23

I have terrible night sweats, it seems as soon as I get dry it happens again, like a faucet on and off all night long. When you are a woman and have any sweating, right off they say menopause. I had my last period 7 years ago and this is the worst it has ever been. I even tried all over-the-counter medications and for the first 2 years took hormone pills. Now I have been off hormone pills for 5 years and I am a hot mess..