Swollen Lymph Nodes - Diagnosis

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Swollen Lymph Nodes.
Please describe your diagnosis of swollen lymph nodes.

I had an experience with a cramp like feeling in my jaws, like eating something sour, but very painful. I was telling my friend of this experience as the gland in my jaw under my ear was swollen after this happening. It happened several times that evening. She said she knew the feeling as it just happened to her a couple of weeks before, and it was the day after she had gotten a flu shot. I told her that I also had received a flu shot the day before this happened, she told me this was a side effect from the shot, and this was listed on the paper that was given to her at Walgreens. I would never have connected this if I had not talked to her. I called my doctor and he doesn't think what happened was a side effect..

Published: April 16

Yesterday my 13 year old showed me a swollen area on her neck. Only other symptom was head ache and back ache. The size of the knot is the size of an Eos Egg. After seeing her pediatrician, she confirmed swollen lymph node, etiology unknown. We called in with new symptoms. At school she continued to have headache, back ache, and arms and legs hurting. I picked her up and she was nauseated. I called the pediatrician again to report symptoms. She placed her on 875 mg Augmentin every twelve hours. She has taken the first dose, drinking fluids and resting. Two new symptoms as of 30 minutes ago, lightheaded and now fever of 99.7. We had another confirmed case of viral meningitis in our school today..