Total Hip Replacement - Causes

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Total Hip Replacement.
What caused you to need a total hip replacement?

My mom had hip replacement six months ago. Right now, she still has problems sitting for more than 20 minutes, she feels the ball is pointing at her bone that cause her a lot of pain, but the surgeon said everything looks fine..

I had a total hip replacement in 2012. My surgeon said the lateral approach was the best and would offer me the least restrictions of all types of hip replacements. My recovery time was four months to be able to return to work, and another five months before I was able to have days without pain. This was mainly due to a good chiropractor. I have been reading more and more about the anterior approach to hip replacements and what I have read indicates that this approach has better results than any other approach. I wish my doctor had let me know that this approach was better even if it meant I went to another surgeon..