Shingles - Effective Treatments

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Shingles.
What kinds of treatments have been effective for your shingles?

Published: March 08

Hello I wanted to post this and hopefully help some people. There is no documented case of this to mine and my doctor’s knowledge but this is the best way I can get the word out. My daughter, age 4, has shingles. It’s very bad on stomach, wrapping around side and back. It looks like someone burned her with a blow torch. The doctor said this is the youngest case he personally had ever seen. After I called my mom she had told me that my step dad was vaccinated for shingles only 6 days earlier. We looked on the calendar and saw that he came to our house for dinner the next day. My daughter loves her Grandpa and sits on his lap and gives him hugs and kisses most of the time when they come over. I called back her doctor and he said that even though there is NO DOCUMENTED CASES. He said he thinks that her outbreak was triggered by him for sure. He also said that the vaccination is a live virus. And he will definitely be warning patients who get the vaccine about this. He also said that there have been vaccines that have been stated not to be contagious and after a few years they have been over turned to be mildly contiguous. He ended the call saying the shingles vaccine has only been around for about 4 years there probably isn't enough information and feedback about this type of case but he thinks there is definitely something to this. I hope this help some people and if you discover a similar case please document it on the Internet so it case be known..

I have been diabetic for over 10 years, and one day , a week ago, I felt there was a lump over my eye brows. It was very sensitive and painful every time I touched it. Then another one under the hair of my eye brows, every time I touched it it was hurting like pins going through my skin, and then the headache started. Sometimes it was severe and some times it was mild, but it is always there. Then one appeared behind the ear and now the severe pain started all over the head, the ear, and the eye started swelling. Now I have blisters all over the the left side of the head. My family doctor thought it was an insect bite so he gave me Zyrtek, but the eye doctor found out it was the shingles. It is the most painful malady I ever had and now I am on antivirus medication. Healing has started, but the headache is still there..