Restless Leg Syndrome - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Restless Legs Syndrome.
What was the treatment for your restless leg syndrome?

I am 55 years old and was diagnosed with severe restless leg syndrome some 20 years ago. I was disbelieved by my GP and insisted on a referral to neurologist after 6 weeks with 18 hours sleep only. It is a very debilitating "disease" and I get so frustrated, exhausted and tired that I would sit and punch my legs to try and stop the continual movements. Trust me I have even considered a chainsaw to cut the legs off. I have tried all natural medicines; my gp has given me heavy sleeping tablets, permax, then sifrol. I was then given sifrol slow release and increases dose by my GP without him seeing me and without being told I could not drive on this medication. I then had a motor vehicle accident, which could have cost others and my life. I have recently seen a neurologist again and he has prescribed me with sinimet. I have not had sleep in 3 nights and feel like I will go crazy. This condition is now affecting my arms and hands..

Published: April 10

The best treatment for me was Gabapentin 300mg two tablets every night at 6/7 pm..