Benign Positional Vertigo - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo.
Please describe your experience with benign positional vertigo.

Published: June 23

I suffered with benign paroxysmal positional vertigo for years. I found an article about the crystals in the ear and did some research on it. I found that magnesium will make them stronger so they don't fall off. I started taking magnesium 500 mg a day. The first year I had only 3 attacks instead of 6-12. Today I have not had any more attacks the past 2 years..

Published: April 06

Having had a head injury in the 80s I've had issues with balance with increased symptoms when sick with flu and any kind of infection. Also contributed by the same injury (I believe), I suffered a condition of the eyes called cotton wool spot caused by capillaries of the retina 'exploding'. Between the two I periodically experience BPPV (benign paroxysmal positional vertigo). I've just learned that diagnosis and am beginning to use methods shared in this forum. Thanks to all. I will update my results..