Benign Positional Vertigo - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo.
Please describe your experience with benign positional vertigo.

I have suffered from benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) for 30 years. It started when I had a bang to my head and at the time I was told I had perforated my eardrum. I started getting the dizziness when I lay down or put my head down quickly. I was told it was Meniere’s disease for years. Then about 5 years ago I was told it was BPPV. My doctor tried the Epley maneuver on me but it just made me feel worse. I found on line a maneuver you do before you go to sleep which worked after doing it for about 3 to 4 nights. But now I am in my 60s I find it is harder to do and makes me feel really sick. I am home from work at the moment suffering. I am just wondering how I am going to cope as I get older. I am still not sure what starts it, I have gone 6 months without it before. But the last 2 episodes have been just a few months between..

Published: March 28

I have been feeling dizzy after playing tennis and I went to the neurologist and he diagnosed I had BPV (benign positional vertigo). I did the Epley exercises but they had no effect and I am stuck feeling dizzy nearly every time I play tennis. It is frustrating..