Benign Positional Vertigo - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo.
Please describe your experience with benign positional vertigo.

Published: March 28

I have been feeling dizzy after playing tennis and I went to the neurologist and he diagnosed I had BPV (benign positional vertigo). I did the Epley exercises but they had no effect and I am stuck feeling dizzy nearly every time I play tennis. It is frustrating..

Published: March 22

It's hard to admit but my benign positional vertigo (BPV) has been going on for twenty years. It goes away and then returns. I have it in varying degrees. In fact I just got home from a treatment after one of many and I felt fine at first. Now I'm dizzy again. I am going back on Thursday. I don't know what I would do without my physical therapist. It eventually helps for a while and then turning in bed it is back. I'm very active but this condition really slows me down. My doctor suggested surgery. But there are risks. I'm not going that route. They do something so the crystals don't get loose. It sounds ideal but as of yet I am not willing to take the chance. I sympathize for everyone that deals with this condition..