Benign Postional Vertigo - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo.
Please describe your experience with benign positional vertigo.

My daughter had this experience along with my sister and aunt and noticed it seems to be inherited after I had my first attack last night and this morning of acute vertigo by turning my head quickly. My experience was like in a split second, I was catapulted in another universe of extreme spinning at 100 rpm's with my stomach going up and down every second--like a roller coaster ride at 200 mph. It lasted the first time for a few seconds, and the second time about 20 seconds and I fell to the floor to keep steady since there were no handle bars in this experience to keep me grounded. I was left weak and a little dizzy the rest of the day and took off work since I was scheduled to drive recruits around. I was used to thrill rides and used to race many years ago myself, so I didn't get nauseated. I also knew there was a possibility of it happening to me since family members had it. My daughter who has it once in a while told me it helps her to slowly move my head back and forth to adjust the loose crystals in my inner ear. She and other members of my family sought treatment but nothing works but this. The medication given only makes them sleep better, does not help the symptoms..

I get very nauseous when working under a sink. It doesn't happen very often, but it always happens. It takes only a couple minutes for it to start, and it gets so severe that I can't continue. .