Tailbone Injury - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Tailbone (Coccyx) Injury.
What was the treatment for your tailbone injury?

I fell out of bed and landed on my tailbone. X-rays confirmed it was broken. I was told to use ice for about 3 days and take pain meds. Other than that, it's just a matter of time. As far as getting back to bowling and golf I was told I couldn't do any more damage so I was just limited by the amount of pain I could tolerate..

I slid on a wet slimy paper near the shower of the pool area. I flew in the air and landed on my back, left side and hit my head. My coccyx is cracked, the pain excruciating and the Dr. says it will take about a month to heal. Walking is recommended. Do not lift anything over ten pounds. At this age who knows how long before I will feel better..