Transient Ischemic Attack - Diagnosis

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Transient Ischemic Attack (Mini-Stroke).
What was the diagnosis of your transient ischemic attack?

Published: June 04

49 year-old male. I was at work when I noticed a twitching in my face and a type of bounce when I walked. Then my balance went away and I had trouble talking. I contacted my PCP who admitted me to the hospital. I was discharged four days later, and awaited the results of the arterial ultrasound. The only answers I have been given is that one of the blood vessels is my brain is enlarged. But since I’ve never had a CT scan on my head, they didn’t know if it was a result of a TIA or not. I’m still waiting for answers..

I had a TIA but did not know warning signs. The following week I went hiking and had several stumbles and falls, hitting my head. Later I saw a neurologist who tested me for eight hours and determined I now have a Swiss-cheese type of damage in brain. Recovery took over four months in physical therapy, and language took another six weeks, and dropping things from right hand continues. Because all sorts of brain scans didn't show damage, it took 5 months before hospital's neurologist sent me for the 8 hour test. It's been a long haul, but life is GRAND! KNOW THE WARNING SIGNS AND TAKE ACTION!.