Brown Recluse Spider Bite - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Brown Recluse Spider Bite.
What was the treatment for your brown recluse spider bite?

On 5-27-16 while on vacation in Arizona, I woke up with a red rash, warm to the touch, around my lower leg. On one side was a slightly darker red spot a lot warmer. Our hostess is a registered nurse so I showed her. She said it looked like cellulitis and to keep an eye on it. My leg swelled like a balloon. No pain though; until the evening of the 29th. It was so painful and swollen I could not sleep. In the morning we went to the emergency room. I have peripheral artery disease (PAD) and had just flown from Wisconsin. So they checked for blood clot. None was detected. They gave me two strong antibiotics and sent me home instructing me to elevate my leg to keep swelling down. Sunday flying home was excruciating. Sunday night I notice a dime size blueish purple spot. Monday, bigger and painful, and I had fever. Tuesday I followed up with the doctor, who sent me straight to hospital. The doctor there was from the south. He said it was brown recluse spider bite and treated it as such. I had intravenous IV for 2 1/2 days in hospital and they cut out the dead tissue. Will go to clinic on Monday..

Published: December 30

I was bitten by a brown recluse spider on my upper left thigh, and the pain was unbearable. I went to the emergency room, where they did an ultra sound and sent me home with two weeks of antibiotics. By the second week the fever and pain had me out of my mind, so I went to a health clinic and as soon as the doctor had seen it, he had sent me for surgery. I cannot tell you the pain I endured, they cut my leg open 6 to 7 inches to drain. It has been 8 weeks and I still feel the burning..