Brown Recluse Spider Bite - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Brown Recluse Spider Bite.
What was the treatment for your brown recluse spider bite?

I am pretty sure I have a brown recluse bite. It’s been 3 weeks, the black dead skin I actually pulled off 3 times. The last time I took a very clean sharp little pair of scissors and clipped the piece of tissue that was hanging on. It was black with a red ring around it. Looked like a skin cancer. When I first was bit, it felt like something was across my nose, like I kept thinking a hair was there, then I had numbing like Novocain was wearing off on the side of my face and upper lip. My teeth felt like they were all falling out on that side next to my nose bad headache. Did not know it was a bite until started checking. Was leaving for vacation, kept it clean with Neosporin, and now trying mederma to fill in the skin loss. It is still not healed all that well after 3 weeks. It sucks because it is on my nose. But luckily it has not gotten bigger than the size of a pencil head. I think now that it has quite turning black it will hopefully start to heal. It seems to be starting. I know it is going to leave a scar. I don’t think I can afford skin grafts..

I started to have flu-like symptoms that gradually worsened. After a week of flu-like symptoms I decided to go to an emergency room. While showering before I left, I found two holes on my scalp the size of a pencil. At the ER, they requested that I try to find a spider. I went home and found a spider in the bathroom window. It was a brown recluse, and I was treated. My head, neck and arm were very swollen and had turned very red. It took about one month for the symptoms to go away..