Pilonidal Cyst - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Pilonidal Cyst.
What symptoms did you experience with your pilonidal cyst?

Pilonidal cyst is said to be predominant in young males and rare over 40 but I am a female who had developed my first cyst at age 41, two years ago. It ruptured on its own and I have had approximately 4 small flares in the last 2 years. Nothing painful, but rather annoying, foul, purulent discharge for about a day but today, 2 years and 2 months since the first developed cyst, I woke with another growing, painful cyst. So if they tell you it is rare in women and very rare over 40, they are wrong. It happened to me..

I have been suffering with pilonidal cysts since I was in my early teens and now I am 45. I have had about 65 surgeries, under local general anesthesia, and I have them still today. Presently I have 5 cysts, infections, fevers, and night tremors. I have taken every antibiotic, but nothing works; it's in the genes. The only thing that is awesome is a beach, salt water and sun..