Ovarian Cysts - Causes

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Ovarian Cysts.
What was the cause of your ovarian cysts?

I had a few cysts, actually three in a row. I would have had an appendectomy if I hadn't insisted to verify for the cyst. Imagine! I ended up with ovarian torsion, which required immediate emergency surgery. .

I am 43 and had my right ovary removed nine years ago after the second rupture of a cyst next to my artery. The first time I almost bled to death and the second time my doctor removed the ovary. The doctor said I shouldn't have further problems. Now I get cysts on the left ovary every month and taking birth control does not help. This has been going on for years and I'm really tired of the pain running my life. My current doctor doesn't seem to have any answers..