Ovarian Cysts - Causes

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Ovarian Cysts.
What was the cause of your ovarian cysts?

Midol extra strength and ginger Gravol, that's what I take for the pain and nausea, and it works (most of the time). Showering or bathing can help as well (although that may be unique to me). My pain started when I was about 18, and I am 25 now, still undiagnosed and in so much pain most of the time that I cannot work, or go out really at all. The pain is so sudden and so excruciating that I can barely get out of bed some days. I haven't been diagnosed yet, it's been almost three years of talking to my doctor and getting exams, they have found ovarian cysts but she claims it's all in my head. Now anyone who has felt this pain can tell you it is not in your head. I hope they find a cure/solution for all of us women who suffer from this debilitating condition..

I had a few cysts, actually three in a row. I would have had an appendectomy if I hadn't insisted to verify for the cyst. Imagine! I ended up with ovarian torsion, which required immediate emergency surgery. .