Anaphylaxis - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Severe Allergic Reaction (Anaphylactic Shock).
What symptoms did you experience with your anaphylaxis?

I had a wonderful facial and body massage at a reputable Spa, felt wonderful, stayed the night at resort and had a great night’s sleep. Twelve hours later I tried a tester on the counter at Spa which contained argon oil as main ingredient. I had a severe allergic reaction within 5 minutes. I had swelling of face, eyes and neck. I also saw redness all over area where I applied the cream and around elbow and knees. Feeling very hot flushes and very thirsty. I took 2 Benadryl. After 15 minutes the symptoms begin to calm down. Then I feel tired and cold, I need to have a sleep for three hours. I wake feeling fussy headed and still tired..

I am a little worried although I do tend to over react sometimes. It just came upon me suddenly. Me not feeling well, then the dizziness started. My right hand and feet were swollen and tingling all night long. I had to keep getting out of bed so that I could feel them. They felt numb. My tongue is swollen on one side with little bumps and burns a little bit. I feel warm and am incredibly thirsty..