Blood In Urine - Causes

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Blood in the Urine (Hematuria).
What was the cause of the blood in your urine?

I’ve had blood on and off in my urine for several months, and recently I have felt like my bladder hasn't been emptying. The doctor took a specimen and found blood, protein and white blood cells. I’ve been given two types of antibiotics for seven days. .

Published: June 04

It happened when I was 23. I was told that it occurred after sex. My penis was injured when I jammed it. Immediately after sex I passed blood clots and bright red urine. The doctor told me to not have sex for a couple of weeks. For years I would bleed after sex, especially if my partner was on top or if we would grind. After 20 years it may still happen, but rarely and not as bad..