Head Injury - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Head Injury (Brain Injury).
What treatment did you receive for your head injury?

Felt fine and normal, but heard loud crack at hitting of head against corner of bookcase. I had swelling near my forehead on the side. I applied ice, and the swelling subsided but hurts to touch. I went to urgent care next morning (this happened at midnight). The doctor felt my head all over and asked for various neurological "tests" such as squeezing her fingers, following her moving finger with eyes only and not moving head, touching her finger and my nose in rapid succession. No problems. .

Published: March 08

I had an injury on the job. I work in a pharmacy and was sorting freight. I stepped over some sorting baskets to retrieve a large bottle that rolled out to the middle of the floor, lost my footing fell forward and sideways. I hit the right side of my head on a short wall next to one of the pharmacist's station. I was given an icepack for the pain. It has been four days. The only symptom I have been experiencing is an egg sized bump that is painful to the touch. My only concern is that I am on Plavix and low-dose aspirin. .