Bronchitis - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Bronchitis (Chronic).
What symptoms did you experience with your bronchitis?

Published: April 17

With bronchitis I started having body aches and felt tired. Then I developed a sore throat. I work as a customer service representative so when the coughing was nonstop I could not work. I was coughing and constantly bringing up yellow mucus. The body aches, headaches, low grade fever and exhaustion were horrible. Doctor prescribed me an antibiotic and cough medicine with codeine. It's been 7 days of feeling really bad but I seem to be improving slowly..

I started coughing a few days before Christmas and I thought it was the flu because everyone around me had it. Just when I was starting to feel better, I took a nose dive and felt so horrible! I can't breathe. I have shortness of breath and the coughing is nonstop. I ended up going to the ER because I couldn't breathe. I was prescribed an albuterol inhaler and a prednisone steroid for acute bronchitis which I just started on. I hope it starts working because I feel like an elephant is sitting on my chest! Am I the only one?.