Strep Throat - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Strep Throat.
What treatment did you receive for your strep throat?

My Dr. told me that there is nothing he can really give me for the Strep Throat; however, I must take an antibiotic so it does not affect my kidney or my liver. He said I should also take something over the counter for the discomfort (Advil, Tylenol or something). I’m taking Azithromycin for antibiotic and Advil for the discomfort. Apparently, Strep Throat must take its course. I take Advil and then I drink lots of water and eat. Without something to soothe the pain I would dehydrate from not drinking. I caught this from utensils in a public place. I wish it were different but it is what it is..

I was given a 10 day dose of penicillin and told to throw out the toothbrush as to not have recurring episodes. I was also told to wash the bedding in hot water to get rid of any of the germs after the first 24 hours were up..