Pneumonia - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Bacterial Pneumonia.
Please describe your experience with pneumonia.

Published: March 22

I got pneumonia whilst working in Kuala Lumpur. I started with what I thought was a cold but I couldn't get warm and had goose bumps all over my body and was shivering. I went to the doctor who said I had a virus and therefore didn't need antibiotics. After a few days I started to feel worse and then really disoriented and sick. Luckily someone called BUPA for me as I was covered through my employers. They advised to take me straight to hospital and within the hour I was on a nebulizer and hooked up to a drip of antibiotics. I was in for 3 days and begged the doctor to let me fly home to the UK so I could recover at home. I have not been right since and it is nearly 8 months later. I had to have another set of antibiotics, got a really bad cold within weeks, now I have another lung infection which luckily I have caught early and am on really strong antibiotics. Before all this I used to run 10K a week and never had problems with my lungs. My chest feels sore and tight all the time and gets worse at random times of the day. I still cough all the time and have 2 inhalers one powder based that I take twice a day and the other I take when I start to cough. I have been tested negative for asthma but the nurse said I ran out of breath really quickly and it didn't improve after using the inhaler. I am sorry for such a long story, I hope it helps someone out there..

Published: March 08

Before double pneumonia I had the flu for a week, loss of appetite. On the 5th day I felt better to go to work only to find out I had shortness of breath. I went to the emergency room to find out I had pneumonia in both lungs. After having IVs of antibiotics I was released the 5th day with antibiotics for 12 days that on the 5th day of using left me with shortness of breath and increased heartbeat. I was referred to colloidal silver plus and three table spoons in one day had cleared up shortness of breath, but I continued it for a week. After two weeks with the pneumonia I am feeling like myself after using it. I urge you to use it and you will feel the difference in one day. I had to share because I feel good and returning to work after a 4 week bout with flu and then pneumonia..