Pneumonia - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Bacterial Pneumonia.
Please describe your experience with pneumonia.

I just spent 36 hours in the hospital with the only primary symptoms being extreme headache just under the skull on top of my head (even my hair hurts), and sustained temperatures between 101 and 104. I am waiting 2 days for some cultures to develop, as they originally suspected encephalitis and/or meningitis. The last test was a chest x-ray which showed a light cloudy area in my left lung, so they now include pneumonia as a possible cause. The problem is that my blood and urine and spinal fluid tests all showed no signs of any infection, such as high white blood cell counts, etc. Also, I have no cough or chest pain or difficulty breathing, and when they listen to my chest, they cannot hear anything abnormal. I have been prescribed 5 days of Levaquin under the assumption I may have pneumonia, but the doctors were stumped by my lack of normal chest symptoms. I am now at home, still with really intense headaches and persistent fever of 100.5 to 102.5..

I went to the doctor last week and I found out I have pneumonia. This has been going for a while that it has infected my lungs which have started to bleed. I did not know I had pneumonia because I felt absolutely fine until last Thursday when I coughed out blood. So I decided to go see the doctor for a checkup. I had no sign of fever, chest-pain or anything besides coughing out blood and a back pain. The doctor decided to take a blood count and an x-ray test and found out my red blood cell count is fine but the white blood cell count is not normal. However the doctor gave me amoxicillin to take three times a day. I hope this will stop the bleeding..