Rotator Cuff Injury - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Rotator Cuff Injury.
What symptoms did you experience with your rotator cuff injury?

I was playing bush bocce and threw the ball overhand. I felt an immediate sharp pain in my right shoulder. I am right handed. I had dull pain on and off for several weeks. However after a month the pain became severe, 8 out of 10. I had trouble sleeping. The pain radiated from my shoulder down my arm into my biceps and at times in the shoulder wing area of my back. I've been to the chiropractor several times over the past 2 months with minimal short term relief. Today I went to my general physician and had x-rays. I will be starting physiotherapy this week..

I got in the car and was in a hurry and reached back with my left hand and grabbed the seat belt and pulled it too fast so the safety feature of the seat belt is of course to stop. So that jerked my arm catching my thumb on the belt then getting this really bad burning feeling in my left shoulder. My biggest mistake was when my shoulder started to feel better I went outside to do yard work, cutting down hedges that were high above my head with hard thick cuttings. Then a couple days after that I started sawing some thicker tree limbs and now my arm is worse that it was when I first injured my rotator cuff 9 weeks ago. I can't lift my arm up or out or behind my back, and cannot touch my right shoulder with my left hand. I have not done anything with my left arm for 2 weeks now. It's going to be a slow healing process. I have not gone to the doctor yet. If my arm is still hurting bad by October I guess I should go to the doctor!.