Chronic Kidney Disease - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Kidney Disease.
What symptoms did you experience with your chronic kidney disease?

Since being diagnosed with chronic kidney disease I have had a variety of symptoms, lower backache, fatigue, sudsy urine, depression, and tired all over especially if I have walked too much. The depression and fear are the worst things as I don’t' know what the future holds for me with this disease that was caused from high blood pressure. Sometimes I just want to be alone because I cannot do the things I used to do. My urine is sometimes a gold color and it is always there so I get feeling sad..

I am a 67 year old female, always physically active. About a year or so ago I was diagnosed with chronic kidney disease, and it has turned parts of my life upside down. Fatigue is the major issue, but also my stamina for walking; I used to walk a mile a day and thought nothing of it but now even walking short distances tire me out terribly. I try to follow a kidney diet whenever possible, however, finances do not always afford me that option. I fear that I will get more and more tired and lose my physical abilities. So far, it has only affected one kidney, and I am in stage 3, but some days I feel utterly hopeless. Good luck to anyone with this disease, as it has really knocked the starch out of me..