Chronic Kidney Disease - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Kidney Disease.
What symptoms did you experience with your chronic kidney disease?

I was diagnosed with CKD in 2002, at the age of 31. I have been following a renal diet since then with slipping off occasionally due to craving. In 2009, as my creatinine went up to 3.5, my nephrologist put me on a 6-month steroid therapy, which showed me what hell is. It went up to 6 after that and naturally dialysis was advised. I refused and went to a homeopathy doctor. For the last 14 months, I have been following his treatment and my creatinine is maintained around 3. He has cured my recurrent abscesses also..

I have been diagnosed with CKD stage 3, with a GFR of 51. I am tired, (almost all of the time) have joint pain, slight swelling in the ankles and fingers, and generally feel unwell. During the night time, I experience itching and frequent micturation (needing the toilet approx 6 times in the night) I am also very thirsty. I have had kidney problems (many infections) since childhood and it was never fully investigated, about 5 years ago I had my urethra stretched because it was very narrow causing me unable to pass urine..